This stage at the north of the Ruppin Lakeland is leading you through a varied region shaped by water- in the constant contrast of natural landscapes such as the Natural Park Stechlin and those natural environments designed by men such as the Clay-Pit-Landscape between Zehdenick and Mildenberg.
In the late 19th century Mildenberg developed into one of the most important sites of brick production in Europe.
At that time, Brick was the most used building material. In Germany, the economic boom of the period of the Gründerzeit devoured large quantities of manufactured clay brick for the construction of factories and houses.
With the invention of the Hoffman ring brick kiln in 1858 and the engine-driven clay-cutter in 1880, the industrial production of bricks had become possible.
The simultaneous discovery of the Zehdenicker brick clay and the expansion of the Havel-river favored Mildenberg when choosing a production site.
Large parts of the city of Berlin were built with the bricks manufactured here.
Except for short interruptions during the world wars bricks were produced here until 1990.
In 1780 the village was founded around a glassworks that manufactured green sheet glass until 1900. The site is still characterized by the half-timbered houses that once were the homes of glass makers. Since 2002 there is a glass museum. Theodor Fontane visited Neuglobsow during his wanderings through the Mark Brandenburg and assimilated his landscape impressions and local legends in the novel "The Stechlin".
From 1930 to 1945 had a railway connection as the terminus of the Stechlinseebahn Neuglobsow, but today the former station building serves as a residence.
Since October 11, 2008 Neuglobsow is "nationally recognized resort".